Maybe one day we can get together and eat a bunch of caramels.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Choo-Choo!!

***WARNING! SPORTS-RELATED CONTENT BELOW!!***

I’m watching the Patriots beat down another inferior opponent tonight, and I can’t help but think about their match-up two weeks from now against my Dallas Cowboys. I’m sure the game will be over-hyped and over emphasized, because, honestly, that’s what the media does best. I won’t get started on that because I’ve blogged about that topic once before.

Anyway, back to the Cowboys and the Patriots. Both teams should be undefeated by the time they meet, with Dallas playing the sorry Buffalo Bills and New England playing the Browns. I’m sure we’ll be in store for a great game, with Dallas playing lights out offense and increasingly tougher defense, and New England playing strong all the way around. It will be a true test not only for the Cowboys, but for the Pats as well, as both teams have not faced an opponent with a winning record.

“Possible Super Bowl Preview!”, “A Battle of Undefeated Teams!”, “Just a Reminder, Tom Brady Has Won Three Super Bowls!”, “The Patriots Cheated, But Everyone Forgave Them So It’s OK”, are sure to be some of the ridiculous headlines splayed across newspaper and website headlines as the big game draws near. Because, lest we forget, we should worship the Patriots. (Sorry, I got back on the media again.) They are the easy team to anoint this year because of the flashy addition of the suddenly penitent Randy Moss.

There seems to be a trend in self-absorbed wide receivers suddenly becoming team players, Terrell Owens being another high profile example. Speaking of T.O., he has surpassed my expectations of him so far. He has been a team player, he runs his routes hard, helps his teammates out, and has yet to throw anyone under the proverbial “bus”. I like what I see so far, especially his chemistry with Romo, and support of teammates who may get more stats during a game.

The Cowboys are playing at a level that they haven’t reached in maybe 10+ years. It’s been a long time for Cowboys fans, and hopefully they can come out and make a statement against one of the top teams in the league. The only thing I’m concerned about is the developing trend of the team playing crappy in the first half, then playing lights out in the second half. If we stand a chance against the Pats, we’re going to need to get off to a fast start. I’m sure the coaches will continue to stress this point to the players. I know it would be at the top of my list. “Hey, guys! Good practice today! I’ve got an idea though. This game against the Patriots, let’s try scoring some in the FIRST half!”

Anyway, the game should be good. And hopefully it’ll turn out with the Cowboys notching another win. One more stop on the Romo express!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate Hague said...

yeah, it's going to be a great game. I am a little worried about it though. Why must you "warn" your readers about your post being about sports. That's not a bad thing. Later

8:04 PM

 
Blogger Amy Butler said...

It's so that he saves me the trouble of reading it.

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Trent said...

Believe it or not, Amy is exactly right on this point.

8:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home