Maybe one day we can get together and eat a bunch of caramels.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Could it be a coincidence?

For those of you who don't already know, the Dallas Mavericks won the Western Conference Championship Saturday night. This is exciting for me as a Mavs fan and for all the other Mavs fans who have suffered with this franchises' futility for 25-plus years. Now I don't mean to say I have been a fan since I was 1 year old, but you get the idea.

Anyway, there was one thing that dawned on me last night as I was celebrating. Dirk Nowitzki and I are brothers. How else can you explain his outstanding performances over the course of the playoffs? Here. Allow me to illustrate.


Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks on the top and me, in my church league uniform on the bottom.


Dirk honed his skills against me on his many visits to my house from Germany, where he was attending boarding school. Dirk, you see, was a little rowdy as a kid and it's just what we had to do. Do you really think he got that sweet turn-around fade away jumper from some high priced coach? Anyway, congrats to my big bro on the Western Conference Championship. Good luck in the Finals, and don't forget that a shout-out would be nice you big lug!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Let's hope your little brother can get things back on track tonight. 3-1 is nice. 2-2 not so much.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Trent said...

The Mavs have always responded well after a crushing loss. I think they'll get it done tonight.

3:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home