Maybe one day we can get together and eat a bunch of caramels.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Moment of Weakness...

As anyone close to me already knows, the past six months have been less than ideal. Living arrangements, job hunting, etc.. At no point during that time was my anger and frustration more on display than on Saturday, May 27, 2006. Allow me to explain what I mean.

As my wife, my son and myself drove to Grace Community Church for Saturday Night service, I was feeling fairly on edge, for some reason. Anyone familiar with Tyler knows the intersection of Old Jacksonville Rd. and Old Bullard Rd. As I turned onto Old Jacksonville Rd. and approached the crossing of Old Bullard, I noticed a scrawny young buck in his white Honda pulling up to the stop sign. I thought to myself, "There's no way he pulls in front of me." Well my thoughts were not as predictive as I would have hoped. He went, and out of nowhere, I hit the horn, and at the same time, extended him the signal that yes, indeed, he was number one.

Now, this was surprising on two fronts. One, this is completely out of character for me, as I have never flipped anyone off before (to be rude, anyway). Second, my wife is giggling incessantly next to me, evidently having found this incident to be of most high comedy. Just one more reason why I love my wife.

So I offer my apologies to the random young dude who was the recipiant of six months of frustration. That is all I have to say to him.

To the rest of you, welcome to my blog.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy Butler said...

RUDE! Not that you flipped that dude off, but that I had to find out about this blog from Jeremy! I saw who you emailed... everyone... except me!

So consider this your first hate mail.

Jerk.

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Silverthornes said...

Great way to start off your blog! I don't consider this hate mail. If you are explaining things you love about your wife, you can put just about anything and I will think it is sweet!

4:34 PM

 
Blogger Trent said...

If it makes you feel any better, I messed up the e-mails to my family, so they didn't get it either. For some reason, in my mad dash to get the word out, I skipped your name in my contact list. Intentional? I guess it depends on how quickly I recover from being called a jerk....

5:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the other day I was tooling around town in my little white honda, I come up fully to a stop at an intersection, this freak is going like negative under the speed limit so I carefully pull out and get on my way. He then flies up next to me going like 100 to catch up, and shoots me the single peace sign. I hope other kind folks don't come across this meany.

6:04 PM

 
Blogger Amy Butler said...

Hmmm...so you only forgot about very important people. This I can accept. I am muy importante. I forgive you, and I'm glad you're a blogger now.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

For a second i thought this whole "having Amy hating you" thing could be a reason for us to bond. Then, when I saw her quick forgiveness, I despised you the same way she did for those brief moments (i was jealous; her rage never cooled on me). But when I try to hate you, Trent, my rage reservoir is all dried up.

Damn you, you wonderful, likeable man!

6:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Jason... how could you compare my hatred for you with anyone else? You have been and always will be numero uno in my hate book.

I get angry everytime I think of how Jeremy and I forgot to add "to hate Jason Hague" into our vows. It's our most common bond!

12:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home